This article contains 10 very doable and simple tips to help you shift those extra pounds. Get rid of those extra calories and pounds as early as you can and try to enjoy life the best you can without inviting all those terrible diseases that come with a few extra pounds.
1. Drink plenty of water. Your body needs a lot of water. It is not just way to flush out toxin but if you have more water in your body you will generally feel healthier and fitter. This in itself will discourage any tendency to gorge on junk food. The best thing about water is that is has no calories at all! Start your day with a glass of water. It lets out all your digestive juices and it is good for you.
2. Avoid fizzy drinks. All those sodas and fizzy drinks are sweetened with sugar and sugar means calories. The more you can cut out on these sweetened bottle drinks, the better for you. So if you must drink sodas, then stick to diet sodas.
3. Turn up the fruit! There are so many reasons to increase your intake of fresh fruit. They contain fibre, which prevents constipation and assists in a healthy digestive system. They are an excellent source of vital vitamins and minerals. Where possible, choose fresh fruit over canned or processed fruit. Processed fruits are nearly always sweetened and if you look at the expiry date on the tin, you will see just how many preservatives must have been added!
4. Eat more veg. Vegetables are great when it comes to losing pounds. As with fruit, try and eat fresh veg as opposed to tinned or frozen. Include a salad in your diet every day.
5. Watch what you eat. The difference between man and animal is that animals are driven by instinct while we are driven by intelligence (well, we should be!) Do not eat just because you are bored or you feel like eating. Ask yourself if your body really needs it or not.
6. Control your sweet tooth. Remember that sweet things generally mean more calories.
7. Have fixed meal times. Try to eat at fixed times of the day and stick to it as much as possible. Otherwise you could easily spend a day picking at junk food and not actually eat a proper meal.
8. Avoid fried foods. The more fried foods you can avoid, the better for you! They are cooked solely in oil which is no no if you are trying to shift a few extra pounds.
9. Make chocolate and sweets a luxury and not a routine. Chocolate and sweets should not be part of your diet. Keep them as a treat. Do not indulge in them too much.
10. Do not skip breakfast. Try to eat breakfast within 1 hour of waking. That way your body has time to charge itself with the energy it needs for the day ahead.
By Rebecca Osborn
Are you stuck in a rut?
Do you want more from life?
Receive a complimentary life coaching session here: Life Coaching
- September 22nd
- 10 Easy Weight Loss Tips
- Easy Belly Fats Loss Tips
- 3 Weight Loss Tips For Christmas
- 10 Ways For How to Lose Weight Fast At Home
- Lose Weight With 6 Fast Weight Loss Tips
- 10 Easy Ways to Cut Calories
- Drinking Your Way To A Healthy Body
- Is Diet Soda Bad for You?