Toyou have to cut your calorie intake by 500 calories a day. A little secret weight loss tip is you don’t have to cut them all from your food. If you eat 250 calories less food you can burn the other 250 calories by walking for 30 to 45 minutes a day. In a week, you will have lost about 1 pound. Over time, these small changes will add up to a healthier, happier and lighter you.
Here are 25tips:
1. For a tasty low fat mayonnaise spread, try mixing one teaspoon of Dijon mustard or Satay sauce with a low fat yoghurt to taste.
2. Don’t miss out on meals. Trying to cut calories by leaving out a meal actually works against you because your body’s metabolism will slow down to compensate in order to conserve energy - your body does this when there is a limited intake of fuel. Eating little and often can increase your metabolism.
3. If you are looking for healthy low fat alternatives try this neat trick: use vegetables such as capsicum and zucchini and stuff them with flavoured fillings or minced up white meat, chicken, fish etc
4. Pita bread wraps are great for salad fillings
5. The best time to work out is about 8 hours after waking up. This is because at this time of day, the body’s metabolism starts to slow down. So, take 30 minutes of exercise before you have dinner to increase your metabolism and you will find that youfor up to 3 hours after your work out is over. This is great when used as part of your .
6. To put extra iron in your diet, add some alfalfa or mung beans to your regular meals.
7. Take time out to learn about nutrition, what foods are good for you and get creative with some healthy recipes. You can check out the free potent food guide link in the resource box below!
8. When you next cook your family’s favourite meal, be sure to leave out as much salt, at and sugar as possible - look for healthy alternatives, such as using low fat yoghurt instead of cream, leaning out the oil when you stir fry and replace salt with other herbs and spices to taste.
9. Whatever you do, always consult your doctor before you start any. It is important that you confirm that there is not a medical problem that is stopping you from .
10. Eat slower and make sure you chew longer and never rush a meal. The longer you take to eat, the faster your stomach can tell your brain that you are full… it takes time for this communication to take place! That way you will reduce your appetite over time.
11. Eat little and often - have healthy snacks - it is better to eat several times instead of only one or two meals a day.
12. If you must use oil for stir fries, try using chicken stock instead to cut down on the fat.
13. You’d think toasted muesli would be healthy, right? Don’t be fooled just because it says “muesli”! In actual fact, toasted muesli has more fat content than a plate of bacon and eggs. Buy non-toasted muesli instead!
14. Did you know that most of the good ingredients in fruit and vegetables is just under the skin? Don’t peel - scrape; and if possible, don’t remove the skins at all.
15. This little known trick is also good for the skin! Try a squeeze of lemon in a cup of warm water before you have breakfast - it really kick starts your metabolism in the morning. It also helps to prevent constipation and it’s real good for your skin.
16. Tofu and soya are excellent alternative sources of protein. Many vegetables yield good amounts of protein such as in lima beans and lentils - add them to your soups and casseroles.
17. Try not to go it alone. It’s great to have someone else to help keep you motivated to stay with your weight loss program. Join a club or buddy up with someone.
18. The metabolism slows down in the evening. Don’t eat anything if it is less than 3 hours before you go to bed.
19. Stuck for time? Don’t go for junk food - instead go for pasta or a quick salad. They only take a few minutes to prepare.
20. Metabolic enhancers - such as chilli - they help turn your body into a fat burning furnace.
21. Did you know that most of the egg fat is in the yolk? So try making omelettes without the yolks and really reduce your fat intake.
22. Find alternatives to baking soda, baking powder and soya sauce in your cook book recipes. Check out other ways to add flavour - experiment.
23. You can remove fat from baking trays by dropping ice cubes into them - the fat sticks to the ice cube.
24. Even if you don’t have lemon juice, drink hot water in the morning and not cold water - hot water first thing will help speed up your calorie consumption.
25. If you are going grocery shopping, always eat before you go! And make a list of the foods you are going to get and stick to it. That way you can prepare your diet and get the healthy foods to further promote your. And leave the tempting sweets in their wrappers on the shelf!
Losing weight is not something that happens overnight just like gaining weight is not an overnight occurrence. Developing the right mind set and determination to achieving your weight loss goal along with a few sensible behavior changes will send you well on your way to achieving success.
- December 15th
- Healthy Diet - A Guide to Weight Loss
- Yes, You Can Lose Weight Just by Drinking Water
- Raising Metabolism - Lose Weight Quickly by Boosting Metabolism
- Drink Up To Break Your Weight Loss Plateau
- What Are Some Ways To Naturally Lose Weight
- Water help to loss weight
- How to Lose 10 Pounds in a Week
- Metabolism Speed Up Tips